VINMARK is always looking to establish a working relationship with the law enforcement community.
Many auto theft investigators are aware, or familiar with the concept, to look for hidden UV marks, with black lights, from experience with lesser products. These products may only leave a blemish, indicating that a V.I.N. label had been removed, or a surface mark with an alpha numeric code.* Below find a link for the Parts Marking FBI Bulletin which states that investigators, that were interviewed, proposed that the technology be developed to leave the complete V.I.N.. This is exactly what VINMARK does!
To increase police awareness of VINMARK's new technology, which displays the COMPLETE VEHICLE ID NUMBER, we have taken the following steps.
1. Each time a new location begins to install VINMARK on their inventory the staff at VINMARK will notify the local law enforcement in that area.
2. Each time there is a reported theft to our claims department we will notify local law enforcement that the vehicle had been marked and where to look for those marks.
3. We will actively reach out to both local and state law enforcement agencies through numerous channels.
4. We will make our staff available to assist officers investigating possible crimes against our customer's registered vehicles.
5. We will store each Vehicle ID and, where applicable, customer registration information in a protected data base to ensure that when the time comes to trace a part back the rightful owner we can help make that happen.**
* FBI Uniform Crime Report titled Labeling Automobile Parts to Combat Theft ( )
**This is only possible if the customer has purchased the VINMARK Limited Warranty